Grid-tied solar power systems with net-metering
- Grid-tied solar power systems with net-metering is the most common type of system for most power consumers in Delhi
- In grid-tied systems, solar power is always given preference over both grid and diesel genset. An intelligent solar inverter ensures that solar is first fully utilized and then remaining power requirement is drawn from the grid or diesel generator
- In the Indian context, even if there are power cuts but the diesel generator has to run throughout the day to meet critical loads, this type system becomes the most viable. It saves on both electricity cost and diesel bills
- Most systems being installed in Delhi are also of this type.
- This system is just connected to the mains (LT Panel) and becomes a seamless part of the grid.
- When solar generation is more than the consumption, excess power is exported to the grid. This exported power can be re-used when the solar power generation is lesser than the consumption in the premises.
- Savings from the system lead to a payback period of up to 5 years. After that, you get free power for 15 more years.
- For Delhi, we recommend this type of system for all customers.
- It is important to note that this type of system will not run if the grid is down and the diesel generator is also not running.
- Subsidy based rooftop projects need to use ‘Made in India’ modules, we prefer to use – JAKSON Solar Products.